SVN 24 Hour Certificate Training (Just Announced)
San Antonio, TexasTraining Location:
Drury Inn and Suites
San Antonio Riverwalk
Overnight rooms will available at $120/night
Breakfast and Happy Hour Served daily at Hotel
August 23: 8:30 AM- 5PM
August 24: 8:30 AM- 5PM
August 25: 8:30 AM- 5PM
August 26: 8:30-1PM
This program will specifically meet the 24 hours of training required of SVN Members as detailed in the SVN Standards HERE.
Attendance at all sessions is required and participants must score at least 80% on the exam to earn the certificate.
Meals are NOT included
$425 for SVN Members
$350 for Texas SVN Members
SVN Training Institute
"Serving Families Experiencing Domestic Violence:
Understanding Complex Realities"
August 18-19, 2016
Hampton Inn and Suites
Overnight rooms are available for $172/night HERE
Register for the training HERE
Participants attending this training will have the opportunity to step back and think about the families they work with and how domestic violence affects those they serve and the work they do within the context of supervised visitation. The training consists of mini lectures, interactive role-plays, and small and large group discussions. At the end of the training participants should have a better understanding of domestic violence, how to provide safer services to families experiencing domestic violence and how to develop a plan of action to take back to their communities to strengthen their already existing services.
- Engaging Families
- Types of DV
- Context of DV
- Post Seperation Battering Tactics
- Balancing Safety and Accessibility
- Safe Havens Guiding Principles
- Crafting Policies and Procedures to Enhance Safety
SVN Training Manual
Purchase the SVN Training Manual HERE
The purchase for $99 includes: The Stylish SVN Binder and the first twelve completed modules:Intake, Working with Law Enforcement, Domestic Violence, Understanding the SVN Code of Ethics, Intervention in Supervised Visitation, Documentation modules, Child Welfare modules, Parents with Special Needs, Child Development and Working with The Courts.
Included is a CD with Power Point presentations for each module and also some sample forms
SVN, Supervised Visitation Network, is an international membership organization of professionals who provide supervised visitation and access services to families.
SVN was Founded in 1991 to provide opportunities for networking, sharing of information, and training for agencies and individuals who are interested in assuring that children can have safe, conflict-free access to parents with whom they do not reside.
Providing resources for members and families in need of supervised visitation services.For more info about joining SVN Click Here
Some of our organizational goals include:
- To provide professional forums for networking and sharing of information about supervised child access services.
- To develop and disseminate standards for practice of supervised visitation and exchange services.
- To maintain a directory of supervised visitation and exchange providers.
- To collect and make available research relevant to safe child access services.
- To gather and disseminate training and program materials for child access providers.
- To provide public education regarding the role and importance of supervised child access programs in the continuum of services for families.
- To assist parents in locating and utilizing appropriate services.